Most Active Stories
- Kentucky's Teacher Retirement System May Become One of the Worst-Funded in the US
- How Murray State is Introducing Kids to Emerging World of Robotics
- Kentucky's Death Penalty: A Comprehensive Look
- WATCH: Luke Bell & Johnny Appleseed on Sounds Good
- Bluegrass Pipeline's Developer Is Appealing the Eminent Domain Ruling
Thu March 13, 2014
Wet, Cold Weather Keeps Track from Preparing for Race, Must Reschedule
The first race at Calvert City’s Kentucky Lake Motor Speedway in at least three years won’t happen due to poor track conditions after prolonged bad weather.
The National Dirt Racing League’s Bluegrass Nationals race was originally scheduled for March 27-29.
Ronnie Jones and Jim Hale purchased the track in June 2013 at auction for $990,000. The track has sat idle for three years and has had limited activity since 2009.
Jones says crews are working to rebuild the track and to reschedule the race.