Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu March 13, 2014
Wet, Cold Weather Keeps Track from Preparing for Race, Must Reschedule
The first race at Calvert City’s Kentucky Lake Motor Speedway in at least three years won’t happen due to poor track conditions after prolonged bad weather.
The National Dirt Racing League’s Bluegrass Nationals race was originally scheduled for March 27-29.
Ronnie Jones and Jim Hale purchased the track in June 2013 at auction for $990,000. The track has sat idle for three years and has had limited activity since 2009.
Jones says crews are working to rebuild the track and to reschedule the race.