Most Active Stories
- Kentuckians Can Get Protection From Four Flu Strains This Fall
- Community Leaders Call for Paducah Power Board Chairman to Resign
- Paducah Power Board Chair Steps Down as Chairman, Member
- Paducah Power System Board May Have "Unintentionally" Violated Open Meetings Law
- Paducah Power Chairman Says He Would Step Down Only If Board Asks Him
Thu March 13, 2014
Wet, Cold Weather Keeps Track from Preparing for Race, Must Reschedule
The first race at Calvert City’s Kentucky Lake Motor Speedway in at least three years won’t happen due to poor track conditions after prolonged bad weather.
The National Dirt Racing League’s Bluegrass Nationals race was originally scheduled for March 27-29.
Ronnie Jones and Jim Hale purchased the track in June 2013 at auction for $990,000. The track has sat idle for three years and has had limited activity since 2009.
Jones says crews are working to rebuild the track and to reschedule the race.