Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu March 13, 2014
Wet, Cold Weather Keeps Track from Preparing for Race, Must Reschedule
The first race at Calvert City’s Kentucky Lake Motor Speedway in at least three years won’t happen due to poor track conditions after prolonged bad weather.
The National Dirt Racing League’s Bluegrass Nationals race was originally scheduled for March 27-29.
Ronnie Jones and Jim Hale purchased the track in June 2013 at auction for $990,000. The track has sat idle for three years and has had limited activity since 2009.
Jones says crews are working to rebuild the track and to reschedule the race.