Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu August 15, 2013
Western KY Ferry Closed For Mechanical Problem
The Dorena-Hickman Ferry has been closed, and officials say it will probably be late today before service resumes. The problem is a mechanical issue, and the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet says parts to repair the problem have been ordered. Kentucky and Missouri are the only Border States that aren't directly connected by a road, leaving the ferry as the only direct route between the two states.
KTC says truck traffic has increased recently on the ferry because of the work zone on the U.S. 51/U.S. 60/U.S. 62 Ohio River Bridge between Wickliffe and Cairo.