Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Thu August 15, 2013
Western KY Ferry Closed For Mechanical Problem
The Dorena-Hickman Ferry has been closed, and officials say it will probably be late today before service resumes. The problem is a mechanical issue, and the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet says parts to repair the problem have been ordered. Kentucky and Missouri are the only Border States that aren't directly connected by a road, leaving the ferry as the only direct route between the two states.
KTC says truck traffic has increased recently on the ferry because of the work zone on the U.S. 51/U.S. 60/U.S. 62 Ohio River Bridge between Wickliffe and Cairo.