Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Thu August 15, 2013
Western KY Ferry Closed For Mechanical Problem
The Dorena-Hickman Ferry has been closed, and officials say it will probably be late today before service resumes. The problem is a mechanical issue, and the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet says parts to repair the problem have been ordered. Kentucky and Missouri are the only Border States that aren't directly connected by a road, leaving the ferry as the only direct route between the two states.
KTC says truck traffic has increased recently on the ferry because of the work zone on the U.S. 51/U.S. 60/U.S. 62 Ohio River Bridge between Wickliffe and Cairo.