Most Active Stories
- Revised Forecast Ups Ice Accumulation in TN Border Counties
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
Thu August 15, 2013
Western KY Ferry Closed For Mechanical Problem
The Dorena-Hickman Ferry has been closed, and officials say it will probably be late today before service resumes. The problem is a mechanical issue, and the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet says parts to repair the problem have been ordered. Kentucky and Missouri are the only Border States that aren't directly connected by a road, leaving the ferry as the only direct route between the two states.
KTC says truck traffic has increased recently on the ferry because of the work zone on the U.S. 51/U.S. 60/U.S. 62 Ohio River Bridge between Wickliffe and Cairo.