Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed January 16, 2013
Western KY Coal Company Awarded For Reclamaton Efforts
Kentucky officials are honoring some coal companies for efforts to restore the land on former surface mine sites.
For western Kentucky, the Department of Natural Resources is awarding a 2012 Commissioner's Award of Excellence in Reclamation to Madisonville’s Hopkins County Coal. Restoration work at former surface mine sites is mandated by the federal Surface Mining and Reclamation Control Act.