Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Wed January 16, 2013
Western KY Coal Company Awarded For Reclamaton Efforts
Kentucky officials are honoring some coal companies for efforts to restore the land on former surface mine sites.
For western Kentucky, the Department of Natural Resources is awarding a 2012 Commissioner's Award of Excellence in Reclamation to Madisonville’s Hopkins County Coal. Restoration work at former surface mine sites is mandated by the federal Surface Mining and Reclamation Control Act.