Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Wed January 16, 2013
Western KY Coal Company Awarded For Reclamaton Efforts
Kentucky officials are honoring some coal companies for efforts to restore the land on former surface mine sites.
For western Kentucky, the Department of Natural Resources is awarding a 2012 Commissioner's Award of Excellence in Reclamation to Madisonville’s Hopkins County Coal. Restoration work at former surface mine sites is mandated by the federal Surface Mining and Reclamation Control Act.