Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Wed January 16, 2013
Western KY Coal Company Awarded For Reclamaton Efforts
Kentucky officials are honoring some coal companies for efforts to restore the land on former surface mine sites.
For western Kentucky, the Department of Natural Resources is awarding a 2012 Commissioner's Award of Excellence in Reclamation to Madisonville’s Hopkins County Coal. Restoration work at former surface mine sites is mandated by the federal Surface Mining and Reclamation Control Act.