Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed October 15, 2008
Western Kentucky Schools Honored for Healthy Eating
By Carrie Pond
Murray, KY – Mayfield Independent Elementary and Fulton County Elementary/Middle schools are the only in western Kentucky recognized for their achievements in the Healthier U-S School Challenge. Both schools were designated as Gold-level participants in the program that's designed to provide elementary students with high-quality, healthy food choices. Those designations indicate that the schools met the menu planning, physical activity and nutrition education criteria of H-U-S-S-C. Kentucky leads the nation in schools to receive the awards, with 121 elementary schools total.