Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed October 15, 2008
Western Kentucky Schools Honored for Healthy Eating
By Carrie Pond
Murray, KY – Mayfield Independent Elementary and Fulton County Elementary/Middle schools are the only in western Kentucky recognized for their achievements in the Healthier U-S School Challenge. Both schools were designated as Gold-level participants in the program that's designed to provide elementary students with high-quality, healthy food choices. Those designations indicate that the schools met the menu planning, physical activity and nutrition education criteria of H-U-S-S-C. Kentucky leads the nation in schools to receive the awards, with 121 elementary schools total.