Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Fri March 1, 2013
Western Kentucky Historian & Musician Featured on Sounds Good
WKMS hosts a special early-bird fundraising event with live string band music in Studio A for Sounds Good with Tracy Ross. One of the rotating hosts of Music from the Front Porch, Mike Gowen, joins in to introduce old-time string music of the Purchase Region with Nathan Blake Lynn and Josh Coffey, known through Bawn in the Mash and other groups.
As part of today's special presentation, Nathan plays music from his historical music project titled The Places I Used To Know. The album features 10 original songs focused on Lynn’s experiences in the Jackson Purchase. All songs were written, performed, and engineered by Lynn at his farm in Heath, Kentucky. For more information visit nathanblakelynn.com.
See a video describing the album and a special fundraiser premium after the jump.
Nathan describes the project in this video:
Special WKMS Fundraiser Premium:
As a special web premium, Nathan Blake Lynn is sharing his new recording with us. His album is available as a special digital download via Bandcamp to all who pledge at the $52 dollar level or above. You'll be sent an access code to your email address by our Membership Coordinator Jenni Todd after your pledge has been processed. (Please note: We will email the codes during regular business hours.)
Click here to make a pledge. Select Nathan Blake Lynn's digital album as a thank you gift!
WKMS Press Releases