Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed February 15, 2012
West Kentucky Teen Charged With Killing Her Newborn
Police say they've arrested a western Kentucky teen and charged her with murder in the death of her newborn. Detective Matt Smith told The Paducah Sun that the infant was found in November in a plastic clothes bag in the teen's closet, but she wasn't charged until autopsy results and lab work came back from the medical examiner's office. The 18-year-old was arrested Monday, but her name wasn't released because she was 17 when the infant died. Police said the teen had called a friend and told her she had the baby at home and it had died. The friend then called police.