Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu December 12, 2013
Wells to Run for Second Term as Murray Mayor
Murray mayor Bill Wells says he will run for re-election next year.
Wells made the announcement at Thursday night's meeting of the Murray City Council, after filing to run earlier in the day. He said he has several projects that he’d like to see come to fruition in his second term as city executive.
"The wastewater treatment plant is probably the most expensive one that we have underway," Wells said. "It’s about a $32 million project. We also have the discovery center going out north of town which is a career center. We hope to have that. And plus we’re just in the first phase of iwis coming to Murray. "
Wells says he received encouragement from the community to run for a second term over the last week.
Former Murray State University faculty regent Jack Rose announced last week that he would be running for Murray mayor.
Murray City Council