Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- Paducah Receives $400k Grant for New Park
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
This Week at Maiden Alley Cinema
Thu February 23, 2012
This Week at Maiden Alley, "The Artist"
The 2011 film playing at Maiden Alley this week harkens back to the early days of Hollywood's Golden Age in more ways than one. The Oscar-nominated French film The Artist is set in 1927, shot in black and white, and silent, save for the incredible score and a single line of dialogue. You may have seen films with a similar plot, but you likely never seen a love letter to Hollywood so beautifully and meticulously crafted. Todd Hatton and Larry Thomas preview The Artist.