Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
This Week at Maiden Alley Cinema
Thu February 23, 2012
This Week at Maiden Alley, "The Artist"
The 2011 film playing at Maiden Alley this week harkens back to the early days of Hollywood's Golden Age in more ways than one. The Oscar-nominated French film The Artist is set in 1927, shot in black and white, and silent, save for the incredible score and a single line of dialogue. You may have seen films with a similar plot, but you likely never seen a love letter to Hollywood so beautifully and meticulously crafted. Todd Hatton and Larry Thomas preview The Artist.