Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
This Week at Maiden Alley Cinema
Thu February 23, 2012
This Week at Maiden Alley, "The Artist"
The 2011 film playing at Maiden Alley this week harkens back to the early days of Hollywood's Golden Age in more ways than one. The Oscar-nominated French film The Artist is set in 1927, shot in black and white, and silent, save for the incredible score and a single line of dialogue. You may have seen films with a similar plot, but you likely never seen a love letter to Hollywood so beautifully and meticulously crafted. Todd Hatton and Larry Thomas preview The Artist.