Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
This Week at Maiden Alley Cinema
Thu February 23, 2012
This Week at Maiden Alley, "The Artist"
The 2011 film playing at Maiden Alley this week harkens back to the early days of Hollywood's Golden Age in more ways than one. The Oscar-nominated French film The Artist is set in 1927, shot in black and white, and silent, save for the incredible score and a single line of dialogue. You may have seen films with a similar plot, but you likely never seen a love letter to Hollywood so beautifully and meticulously crafted. Todd Hatton and Larry Thomas preview The Artist.