Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Wed December 5, 2012
Webster County Junior High Delayed
The Webster County Board of Education has delayed the construction timeline for its new junior high school by one year. The school was set to open for the 2013-2014 school year. But Superintendent James Kemp says the pre-construction paperwork is taking longer than anticipated.
Kemp says trying to reach the original opening date would be too costly. The school is now set to open in August 2014. It will be the district’s first junior high. Currently, Webster County’s seventh and eighth graders are scattered around four elementary schools. Kemp says the junior high will focus on more rigorous coursework and technical classes.