Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed December 5, 2012
Webster County Junior High Delayed
The Webster County Board of Education has delayed the construction timeline for its new junior high school by one year. The school was set to open for the 2013-2014 school year. But Superintendent James Kemp says the pre-construction paperwork is taking longer than anticipated.
Kemp says trying to reach the original opening date would be too costly. The school is now set to open in August 2014. It will be the district’s first junior high. Currently, Webster County’s seventh and eighth graders are scattered around four elementary schools. Kemp says the junior high will focus on more rigorous coursework and technical classes.