Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Thu September 26, 2013
Watchdog Group Wants Special Session On Pipeline
Government watchdog group Common Cause of Kentucky is urging Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear to call a special session this fall.
The session would seek to pass legislation protecting private landowners from companies wanting to use eminent domain for a controversial pipeline project. The Bluegrass Pipeline is being built by Williams Co. and Boardwalk Pipeline Partners of Texas.
It would cross northern and central Kentucky. The pipeline would carry a liquid byproduct of the natural gas refining process used to make plastics and medical supplies, among other products. Richard Beliles, chairman of Common Cause Kentucky, says the pipeline would pose a hazard risk to the state.