Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Tue June 5, 2012
Walker Trial Set for July
The trial of Jerry Wayne Walker, who faces multiple charges in connection to a fatal 1998 Murray State University dorm fire, is set to begin July 9th.
Attorneys for the prosecution and defense said in court yesterday they’ve agreed on numerous stipulations regarding evidence in the retrial. Walker faces charges including manslaughter, arson, and wanton endangerment. He faced similar charges in a 2001 trial which ended in a hung jury. Student Michael Minger died in the dorm fire. Attorneys agreed last month Walker would receive a more fair trial in Marshall County, rather than Calloway County where the fire occurred. The Paducah Sun reports Marshall Circuit Court Judge Dennis Foust set a status hearing for June 25th.