Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Hester Hall Fire
Mon February 13, 2012
Walker Trial Dismissal Being Considered
A judge says it will be two weeks before a decision is made concerning a motion from Jerry Wayne Walker's attorney to dismiss his case. Walker is charged with manslaughter, arson, assault, and wanton endangerment stemming from a 1998 dormitory fire in Murray State's Hester Hall. If the case is not dismissed, the trial is set to begin July 6 in Calloway Circuit Court. Walker is accused of setting the fire that claimed the life of student Michael Minger. The case originally went to trial in 2001, but ended in a mistrial, as the jury deadlocked 11-1 to acquit Walker. He was re-indicted last September.