Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Hester Hall Fire
Mon February 13, 2012
Walker Trial Dismissal Being Considered
A judge says it will be two weeks before a decision is made concerning a motion from Jerry Wayne Walker's attorney to dismiss his case. Walker is charged with manslaughter, arson, assault, and wanton endangerment stemming from a 1998 dormitory fire in Murray State's Hester Hall. If the case is not dismissed, the trial is set to begin July 6 in Calloway Circuit Court. Walker is accused of setting the fire that claimed the life of student Michael Minger. The case originally went to trial in 2001, but ended in a mistrial, as the jury deadlocked 11-1 to acquit Walker. He was re-indicted last September.