Most Active Stories
- Murray Human Rights Commission Postpones Bringing Ordinance Forward To Allow Community Input
- Kentucky CPE President Addresses Criticism of KCTCS Search Transparency
- Billionaire Spent Millions In Charity, But Avoided Mine Fines
- Bob Davies: Board of Regents will Discuss Proposed Tobacco Ban and Employee Raises
- Kentucky Among Worst States In Accessibility for Poor, Disabled in Criminal Justice, Study Says
Mon June 24, 2013
Walker Appeals Removal from Assistant Principal Role
A Paducah Middle School assistant principal indicted for charges related to a 1998 Murray State University dorm fire is appealing the district’s decision to terminate his contract.
A tribunal will hear Jerry Wayne Walker’s appeal within forty-five days Walker served as an assistant principal at PMS from 2010 until 2012 when he was indicted for arson, wanton endangerment and manslaughter charges stemming from an MSU dorm fire that claimed the life of fellow student Michael Minger. Walker had been tried in 2001 for murder, but the jury could not reach a verdict.