Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Mon June 24, 2013
Walker Appeals Removal from Assistant Principal Role
A Paducah Middle School assistant principal indicted for charges related to a 1998 Murray State University dorm fire is appealing the district’s decision to terminate his contract.
A tribunal will hear Jerry Wayne Walker’s appeal within forty-five days Walker served as an assistant principal at PMS from 2010 until 2012 when he was indicted for arson, wanton endangerment and manslaughter charges stemming from an MSU dorm fire that claimed the life of fellow student Michael Minger. Walker had been tried in 2001 for murder, but the jury could not reach a verdict.