Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Mon June 24, 2013
Walker Appeals Removal from Assistant Principal Role
A Paducah Middle School assistant principal indicted for charges related to a 1998 Murray State University dorm fire is appealing the district’s decision to terminate his contract.
A tribunal will hear Jerry Wayne Walker’s appeal within forty-five days Walker served as an assistant principal at PMS from 2010 until 2012 when he was indicted for arson, wanton endangerment and manslaughter charges stemming from an MSU dorm fire that claimed the life of fellow student Michael Minger. Walker had been tried in 2001 for murder, but the jury could not reach a verdict.