Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Mon June 24, 2013
Walker Appeals Removal from Assistant Principal Role
A Paducah Middle School assistant principal indicted for charges related to a 1998 Murray State University dorm fire is appealing the district’s decision to terminate his contract.
A tribunal will hear Jerry Wayne Walker’s appeal within forty-five days Walker served as an assistant principal at PMS from 2010 until 2012 when he was indicted for arson, wanton endangerment and manslaughter charges stemming from an MSU dorm fire that claimed the life of fellow student Michael Minger. Walker had been tried in 2001 for murder, but the jury could not reach a verdict.