Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu May 30, 2013
Wal-Mart Foundation Gives To KY Recovery Centers
The Wal-Mart Foundation is providing grants to two substance abuse treatment centers in Kentucky. Commonwealth First lady Jane Beshear announced Wednesday that $10,500 will go to the Cumberland Hope Community Center for Women in Evarts and $10,000 will go to the Trilogy Center for Women in Hopkinsville.
The centers are part of the Recovery Kentucky program aimed at helping the state overcome widespread drug addiction. Kentucky has been hit especially hard by prescription drug abuse. Political leaders have been bemoaning that more Kentuckians now die each year from drug overdoses than car wrecks.