Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Thu May 30, 2013
Wal-Mart Foundation Gives To KY Recovery Centers
The Wal-Mart Foundation is providing grants to two substance abuse treatment centers in Kentucky. Commonwealth First lady Jane Beshear announced Wednesday that $10,500 will go to the Cumberland Hope Community Center for Women in Evarts and $10,000 will go to the Trilogy Center for Women in Hopkinsville.
The centers are part of the Recovery Kentucky program aimed at helping the state overcome widespread drug addiction. Kentucky has been hit especially hard by prescription drug abuse. Political leaders have been bemoaning that more Kentuckians now die each year from drug overdoses than car wrecks.