Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Thu May 30, 2013
Wal-Mart Foundation Gives To KY Recovery Centers
The Wal-Mart Foundation is providing grants to two substance abuse treatment centers in Kentucky. Commonwealth First lady Jane Beshear announced Wednesday that $10,500 will go to the Cumberland Hope Community Center for Women in Evarts and $10,000 will go to the Trilogy Center for Women in Hopkinsville.
The centers are part of the Recovery Kentucky program aimed at helping the state overcome widespread drug addiction. Kentucky has been hit especially hard by prescription drug abuse. Political leaders have been bemoaning that more Kentuckians now die each year from drug overdoses than car wrecks.