Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
2013 TN General Assembly
Thu February 14, 2013
Votes Expected on TN Constitutional Amendments
Tennessee’s Senate is expected to vote on two constitutional amendments today. One would prohibit any state or local taxation of payroll or earned personal income, and the other would allow the governor to appoint appellate judges, subject to legislative confirmation.
Under legislative rules, the measures must be read three time before being discussed for a possible vote.