Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
2013 TN General Assembly
Thu February 14, 2013
Votes Expected on TN Constitutional Amendments
Tennessee’s Senate is expected to vote on two constitutional amendments today. One would prohibit any state or local taxation of payroll or earned personal income, and the other would allow the governor to appoint appellate judges, subject to legislative confirmation.
Under legislative rules, the measures must be read three time before being discussed for a possible vote.