Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
2013 TN General Assembly
Thu February 14, 2013
Votes Expected on TN Constitutional Amendments
Tennessee’s Senate is expected to vote on two constitutional amendments today. One would prohibit any state or local taxation of payroll or earned personal income, and the other would allow the governor to appoint appellate judges, subject to legislative confirmation.
Under legislative rules, the measures must be read three time before being discussed for a possible vote.