Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue February 5, 2013
VMV Paducahbilt Expanding Operations
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear announced today VMV Paducahbilt plans to expand operations in Paducah, creating 25 full-time jobs and investing more than $900,000.
VMV Paducahbilt provides new and remanufactured locomotives, locomotive products and wheel services. The company plans to expand operations at its Paducah facility, which currently has 144 full-time Kentucky employees. The Kentucky Economic Development Finance Authority approved the company for tax incentives up to $500,000 through the Kentucky Business Investment program. The performance-based incentive allows a company to keep a portion of its investment over the term of the agreement through corporate income tax credits and wage assessments by meeting job and investment targets.