Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
- Evidence On Marijuana's Health Effects Is Hazy At Best
Mon July 8, 2013
Versailles man appointed head of KY prison industries
Versailles businessman Fred Siegelman has taken over as director of Kentucky Correctional Industries, a program that provides inmates with work experience intended to give them marketable skills upon release. Siegelman, who served four terms as Versailles mayor from 1999 to 2013, moved into the new role last week. He also owned and operated multiple Little Caesars restaurants in central Kentucky for more than 25 years.
Kentucky Correctional Industries sells a wide range of products that inmates build, including a variety of wood products, including birdhouses, chess boards, jewelry boxes and trunks.