Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Mon July 8, 2013
Versailles man appointed head of KY prison industries
Versailles businessman Fred Siegelman has taken over as director of Kentucky Correctional Industries, a program that provides inmates with work experience intended to give them marketable skills upon release. Siegelman, who served four terms as Versailles mayor from 1999 to 2013, moved into the new role last week. He also owned and operated multiple Little Caesars restaurants in central Kentucky for more than 25 years.
Kentucky Correctional Industries sells a wide range of products that inmates build, including a variety of wood products, including birdhouses, chess boards, jewelry boxes and trunks.