Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- Murray City Council to Consider Anti-Begging Ordinance, Halfway to Downtown Park Fundraising $
- Kentuckians, Get Ready For Health Insurance Rate Hikes
- Could Rand Paul’s Struggling Presidential Bid Imperil His Senate Seat, Too?
Wed November 21, 2012
Vaught Retires from Director of IL DCEO
The director of the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity is retiring from full-time employment with the state. 65 year-old David Vaught retired Wednesday. His retirement came after an Illinois Inspector General’s Office report that found abuses of hiring laws at DCEO. It also criticized the DCEO for failing to adequately review appointees’ qualifications.
Governor Pat Quinn named Adam Pollet as the department’s acting director, effective on Monday. Pollet has served as deputy director for the state’s Office of Trade and Investment.