Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed November 21, 2012
Vaught Retires from Director of IL DCEO
The director of the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity is retiring from full-time employment with the state. 65 year-old David Vaught retired Wednesday. His retirement came after an Illinois Inspector General’s Office report that found abuses of hiring laws at DCEO. It also criticized the DCEO for failing to adequately review appointees’ qualifications.
Governor Pat Quinn named Adam Pollet as the department’s acting director, effective on Monday. Pollet has served as deputy director for the state’s Office of Trade and Investment.