Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Tue May 21, 2013
UT-Martin To Offer Nursing Degree At Parsons
The University of Tennessee at Martin says it will offer a degree in nursing at its Decatur County location beginning next year. The center will have openings for up to 30 students annually, with 20 slots designated for traditional students and 10 slots for licensed practical nurses. Program graduates will be eligible to take the National Council Licensure Exam for Registered Nurses. Initial funding for the program was included in this year's state budget.
The $1 million appropriation will be used to build a 10,000-square-foot addition to the current facility. The addition will include classrooms, a skills laboratory and a computerized simulation laboratory.