Most Active Stories
- Revised Forecast Ups Ice Accumulation in TN Border Counties
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Tue May 21, 2013
UT-Martin To Offer Nursing Degree At Parsons
The University of Tennessee at Martin says it will offer a degree in nursing at its Decatur County location beginning next year. The center will have openings for up to 30 students annually, with 20 slots designated for traditional students and 10 slots for licensed practical nurses. Program graduates will be eligible to take the National Council Licensure Exam for Registered Nurses. Initial funding for the program was included in this year's state budget.
The $1 million appropriation will be used to build a 10,000-square-foot addition to the current facility. The addition will include classrooms, a skills laboratory and a computerized simulation laboratory.