Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon July 22, 2013
UT-Martin Installs Electric Car Chargers
The University of Tennessee-Martin has installed two electric car chargers on campus. One of the users of the service is Doctor Stan Dunagan, who says a recent full charge for his Nissan Leaf cost about $3.
Dunagan says his cost for charging the vehicle at home was about $20 for April. UT-Martin and ECOtality, the provider of the charging stations, split the revenue from them. The chargers are in the parking lot of the university's stadium. The University of Tennessee's main campus in Knoxville also has charging stations.