Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
- Evidence On Marijuana's Health Effects Is Hazy At Best
Mon July 22, 2013
UT-Martin Installs Electric Car Chargers
The University of Tennessee-Martin has installed two electric car chargers on campus. One of the users of the service is Doctor Stan Dunagan, who says a recent full charge for his Nissan Leaf cost about $3.
Dunagan says his cost for charging the vehicle at home was about $20 for April. UT-Martin and ECOtality, the provider of the charging stations, split the revenue from them. The chargers are in the parking lot of the university's stadium. The University of Tennessee's main campus in Knoxville also has charging stations.