Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Wed December 11, 2013
UT-Martin Gets SACS Reaccreditation
The Southern Association for Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges reaffirmed the University of Tennessee at Martin for accreditation yesterday.
The action was announced during the annual SACS Commission on Colleges meeting in Atlanta. UT-Martin Chancellor Tom Rakes was among several university officials who attended the meeting.
The announcement Tuesday follows a SACS team visit to UT-Martin in February as part of the university’s 10-year review.
The SACS Commission on Colleges requires a five-year interim report before the next 10-year review.