Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Hopkinsville HS Students Allege Discrimination Over LGBT Related Yearbook Quote
Wed December 11, 2013
UT-Martin Gets SACS Reaccreditation
The Southern Association for Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges reaffirmed the University of Tennessee at Martin for accreditation yesterday.
The action was announced during the annual SACS Commission on Colleges meeting in Atlanta. UT-Martin Chancellor Tom Rakes was among several university officials who attended the meeting.
The announcement Tuesday follows a SACS team visit to UT-Martin in February as part of the university’s 10-year review.
The SACS Commission on Colleges requires a five-year interim report before the next 10-year review.