Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed November 27, 2013
UT-Martin Fraternity Under Investigation
University of Tennessee-Martin officials plan to discipline the school's Alpha Tau Omega fraternity chapter after an investigation found violations of student conduct.
The university said yesterday it will revoke university registration for the fraternity, pending an appeal option.
Alpha Tau Omega National Fraternity CEO Wynn Smiley says that by revoking the registration, the university will stop recognizing the fraternity as a campus organization.
Smiley says the national body is also investigating and has suspended chapter operations.
The university's investigation found violations including the endangerment of another person and participation in hazing.