Most Active Stories
- Kentucky's Teacher Retirement System May Become One of the Worst-Funded in the US
- How Murray State is Introducing Kids to Emerging World of Robotics
- Kentucky's Death Penalty: A Comprehensive Look
- WATCH: Luke Bell & Johnny Appleseed on Sounds Good
- Bluegrass Pipeline's Developer Is Appealing the Eminent Domain Ruling
Wed November 27, 2013
UT-Martin Fraternity Under Investigation
University of Tennessee-Martin officials plan to discipline the school's Alpha Tau Omega fraternity chapter after an investigation found violations of student conduct.
The university said yesterday it will revoke university registration for the fraternity, pending an appeal option.
Alpha Tau Omega National Fraternity CEO Wynn Smiley says that by revoking the registration, the university will stop recognizing the fraternity as a campus organization.
Smiley says the national body is also investigating and has suspended chapter operations.
The university's investigation found violations including the endangerment of another person and participation in hazing.