Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Mon August 5, 2013
USEC Begins Layoff Process at Paducah Plant
United States Enrichment Corporation officials are notifying local union representatives of specific union job classifications that will be cut at the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant this month.
Union employees slated for cutbacks work their last day on August 16.
The nearly 160 layoffs represent the first round of many over the next several months as USEC powers down its operations at the Paducah plant.
Layoff notices for salaried employees in the first cut go out late next week, and those employees will work their last days shortly afterward.
Some union employees who were promoted during their tenure at USEC will be given the option to “bump back” to their old jobs for extended employment.