Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Mon August 5, 2013
USEC Begins Layoff Process at Paducah Plant
United States Enrichment Corporation officials are notifying local union representatives of specific union job classifications that will be cut at the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant this month.
Union employees slated for cutbacks work their last day on August 16.
The nearly 160 layoffs represent the first round of many over the next several months as USEC powers down its operations at the Paducah plant.
Layoff notices for salaried employees in the first cut go out late next week, and those employees will work their last days shortly afterward.
Some union employees who were promoted during their tenure at USEC will be given the option to “bump back” to their old jobs for extended employment.