Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Thu October 26, 2006
By Jim Michael
Murray, KY – By 2011 USEC is scheduled to phase out uranium enrichment at its Paducah plant. That means the future of the complex is unknown. One option could mean closure. Another could mean a complete revamp... where the plant would recycle spent nuclear fuel. An announcement is expected next week whether or not Paducah will remain in the running.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear Jim Michael explain what actually happens at USEC.