Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Thu October 26, 2006
By Jim Michael
Murray, KY – By 2011 USEC is scheduled to phase out uranium enrichment at its Paducah plant. That means the future of the complex is unknown. One option could mean closure. Another could mean a complete revamp... where the plant would recycle spent nuclear fuel. An announcement is expected next week whether or not Paducah will remain in the running.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear Jim Michael explain what actually happens at USEC.