Most Active Stories
- Woman's Body Found Near Abandoned Vehicle in Calloway County
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Waldrop Announces Retirement From McCracken County Schools
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Carson Myre Series: Clark Elementary Choir Holiday Presentation
Thu October 26, 2006
By Jim Michael
Murray, KY – By 2011 USEC is scheduled to phase out uranium enrichment at its Paducah plant. That means the future of the complex is unknown. One option could mean closure. Another could mean a complete revamp... where the plant would recycle spent nuclear fuel. An announcement is expected next week whether or not Paducah will remain in the running.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear Jim Michael explain what actually happens at USEC.