Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu January 14, 2010
US v Pragovich
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – The US Department of Justice filed suit yesterday against a Clarksville, Tennessee man for promoting frivolous lawsuits against the federal government. The lawsuit alleges George Pragovich has netted over a million dollars from people in over 35 states who are trying to get out of their tax liabilities. The services and materials he sells apparently tell customers they can fix their tax problems by suing the government, get thousands of dollars in damages, and never have to pay federal income taxes again. The suit also states almost every case promoted by Pragovich has been dismissed as groundless and a waste of judicial resources.