Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu January 14, 2010
US v Pragovich
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – The US Department of Justice filed suit yesterday against a Clarksville, Tennessee man for promoting frivolous lawsuits against the federal government. The lawsuit alleges George Pragovich has netted over a million dollars from people in over 35 states who are trying to get out of their tax liabilities. The services and materials he sells apparently tell customers they can fix their tax problems by suing the government, get thousands of dollars in damages, and never have to pay federal income taxes again. The suit also states almost every case promoted by Pragovich has been dismissed as groundless and a waste of judicial resources.