Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Thu January 3, 2013
US Senate Approves New TVA Board Members
The U.S. Senate has approved four new members of the Tennessee Valley Authority’s board of directors, including west Tennessee native and former Democratic gubernatorial candidate, Mike McWherter. The Senate has also sent the nominations of Vera Lynn Evans of Tennessee, C. Peter Mahurin of Kentucky and Joe Ritch of Alabama to President Obama’s desk for his signature.
One board member, Marilyn Brown, was also put up by the President for reappointment, but the Senate did not vote on her nomination. The Tennessee Valley Authority provides electricity to 9 million people in seven states, including Tennessee and Kentucky.