Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu January 3, 2013
US Senate Approves New TVA Board Members
The U.S. Senate has approved four new members of the Tennessee Valley Authority’s board of directors, including west Tennessee native and former Democratic gubernatorial candidate, Mike McWherter. The Senate has also sent the nominations of Vera Lynn Evans of Tennessee, C. Peter Mahurin of Kentucky and Joe Ritch of Alabama to President Obama’s desk for his signature.
One board member, Marilyn Brown, was also put up by the President for reappointment, but the Senate did not vote on her nomination. The Tennessee Valley Authority provides electricity to 9 million people in seven states, including Tennessee and Kentucky.