Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Hopkinsville HS Students Allege Discrimination Over LGBT Related Yearbook Quote
Wed June 4, 2014
[UPDATE: Court Date Set] Former Western KY Football Coach Accused of Sex Crimes with Minor
UPDATE: Barnard will appear in court Monday, June 9. His arraignment is scheduled for 1 p.m. in Marshall County. Barnard is currently being held at the county jail.
ORIGINAL STORY: A former Marshall County High School football coach has been accused of sex crimes with a minor.
Ron Barnard, 45 and also a former teacher, has been charged with the following:
- One count of unlawful use of electronic means to induce a minor to engage in sexual activities
- Two counts of distribution of obscene material involving a minor
- One count of solicitation to promote sexual activity by a minor
Marshall County Sheriff Kevin Byars says the school approached police 6 months ago and the investigation has been ongoing.
One victim, a 15-year-old student, has been identified but Byars says there may be more.
Anyone with information is urged to call Byars or lead investigator Lt. Matt Hilbrecht at 270-527-3112. Calls after 4:30 P.M. should be directed to 270-527-1333.