Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Wed June 20, 2012
University of Tennessee Board to Vote on Tuition Increases
Students in the University of Tennessee system will find out this week how much their tuition will be in the fall.
The UT website shows a proposed 6 percent increase at the Martin campus, as well as the Chattanooga campus. Officials propose an 8 percent increase at the main Knoxville campus. The UT Board of Trustees finance committee is scheduled to make tuition projections today, and the full board will vote on them tomorrow. The university system has an enrollment of about 50,000 students at campuses across Tennessee.