Most Active Stories
- Murray State Ranked 9th Best Public University in the South
- MSU Faculty, Students Hold Second Demonstration to Address Issues of Racism
- Paducah Police Release Video of Kester Traffic Stop, No Further Action Warranted
- Missing: Holly Bobo's Remains Found and Identified in Northwest TN
- CHART: Hopkins County School Board Boosts Property Taxes Among Highest County Districts in West KY
Sun February 16, 2014
Union University Student Charged with Fiancé's Murder
Police in Jackson, Tenn., arrested a Union University student this weekend on charges of first-degree murder and tampering with evidence after his fiancé was found dead on campus Wednesday.
Charles Pittman of Milan was taken into custody at the Madison County Jail Friday after investigators met with him. They say evidence shows he shot Olivia Greenlee of Dyersburg in her car and staged it as a suicide.
The Jackson Sun reports Judge Blake Anderson ordered Pittman to be held without bond Sunday. His arraignment is Tuesday in Jackson City Court.