Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Sun February 16, 2014
Union University Student Charged with Fiancé's Murder
Police in Jackson, Tenn., arrested a Union University student this weekend on charges of first-degree murder and tampering with evidence after his fiancé was found dead on campus Wednesday.
Charles Pittman of Milan was taken into custody at the Madison County Jail Friday after investigators met with him. They say evidence shows he shot Olivia Greenlee of Dyersburg in her car and staged it as a suicide.
The Jackson Sun reports Judge Blake Anderson ordered Pittman to be held without bond Sunday. His arraignment is Tuesday in Jackson City Court.