Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Sun February 16, 2014
Union University Student Charged with Fiancé's Murder
Police in Jackson, Tenn., arrested a Union University student this weekend on charges of first-degree murder and tampering with evidence after his fiancé was found dead on campus Wednesday.
Charles Pittman of Milan was taken into custody at the Madison County Jail Friday after investigators met with him. They say evidence shows he shot Olivia Greenlee of Dyersburg in her car and staged it as a suicide.
The Jackson Sun reports Judge Blake Anderson ordered Pittman to be held without bond Sunday. His arraignment is Tuesday in Jackson City Court.