Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Sun February 16, 2014
Union University Student Charged with Fiancé's Murder
Police in Jackson, Tenn., arrested a Union University student this weekend on charges of first-degree murder and tampering with evidence after his fiancé was found dead on campus Wednesday.
Charles Pittman of Milan was taken into custody at the Madison County Jail Friday after investigators met with him. They say evidence shows he shot Olivia Greenlee of Dyersburg in her car and staged it as a suicide.
The Jackson Sun reports Judge Blake Anderson ordered Pittman to be held without bond Sunday. His arraignment is Tuesday in Jackson City Court.