Most Active Stories
- Murray Human Rights Commission Postpones Bringing Ordinance Forward To Allow Community Input
- Kentucky CPE President Addresses Criticism of KCTCS Search Transparency
- Billionaire Spent Millions In Charity, But Avoided Mine Fines
- Bob Davies: Board of Regents will Discuss Proposed Tobacco Ban and Employee Raises
- [Live Video] Sounds Good Live Lunch: Dan Cohen Today
Sun February 16, 2014
Union University Student Charged with Fiancé's Murder
Police in Jackson, Tenn., arrested a Union University student this weekend on charges of first-degree murder and tampering with evidence after his fiancé was found dead on campus Wednesday.
Charles Pittman of Milan was taken into custody at the Madison County Jail Friday after investigators met with him. They say evidence shows he shot Olivia Greenlee of Dyersburg in her car and staged it as a suicide.
The Jackson Sun reports Judge Blake Anderson ordered Pittman to be held without bond Sunday. His arraignment is Tuesday in Jackson City Court.