Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Wed June 19, 2013
Union City's $100m Discovery Park Will Open November 1st
Union City’s Discovery Park of America opens November 1.
The 50-acre park boasts a flagship “Discovery Center’ with ten educational galleries. An earthquake simulator, a starship theater and 150 ft. observation tower are featured inside the 100,000 sq. center. Outside, the Discovery Park has themed areas, including “liberty square,” “mill ridge” and “the settlement.” Three gardens and a water feature run throughout the park.
Construction on $100m 50 acre park began in 2008, funded primarily by the Robert E. and Jenny D. Kirkland Foundation.
Discovery Park Spokeswoman Mary Nita Bondurant hopes to draw one-hundred-and-fifty-thousand visitors a year and provide the local economy with a hundred new jobs.