Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Wed March 21, 2012
Union City Pastor Arrested on Solicitation Charges from Virginia
The Pastor of Union City’s First Church of God is in jail charged with online sexual solicitation charges. The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation reports police arrested 34-year-old Grady Evans on Tuesday on a fugitive warrant from Virginia.
Evans is charged with using a communications device to solicit a minor. Police from Fairfax County, Va., and Union City assisted with the arrest and search of the church.
Evans was booked in the Obion County Jail without bond. He waived extradition proceedings and will be transported to Fairfax County to face the charge. Jail personnel did not know whether Evans had an attorney.