Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Wed March 21, 2012
Union City Pastor Arrested on Solicitation Charges from Virginia
The Pastor of Union City’s First Church of God is in jail charged with online sexual solicitation charges. The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation reports police arrested 34-year-old Grady Evans on Tuesday on a fugitive warrant from Virginia.
Evans is charged with using a communications device to solicit a minor. Police from Fairfax County, Va., and Union City assisted with the arrest and search of the church.
Evans was booked in the Obion County Jail without bond. He waived extradition proceedings and will be transported to Fairfax County to face the charge. Jail personnel did not know whether Evans had an attorney.