Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Mon January 28, 2013
Uninsured Care May Expand in Paducah
Officials with the Saint Nicholas Family Free Clinic in Paducah are hoping to expand the scope of care they offer.
The clinic now treats only people with no insurance coverage. However, KentuckyCare is working with Saint Nicholas to expand operating hour and give it the ability to provide care for minimally insured patients. The Arkansas-based KentuckyCare operates 26 clinics under the name ArCare. About a year ago, the group opened its first Kentucky clinic in Bardwell. Agency general counsel Winston Collier says that clinic opened after the Delta Commission determined Carlisle County was medically underserved. Health care regulators must approve the proposed partnership.