Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Mon January 28, 2013
Uninsured Care May Expand in Paducah
Officials with the Saint Nicholas Family Free Clinic in Paducah are hoping to expand the scope of care they offer.
The clinic now treats only people with no insurance coverage. However, KentuckyCare is working with Saint Nicholas to expand operating hour and give it the ability to provide care for minimally insured patients. The Arkansas-based KentuckyCare operates 26 clinics under the name ArCare. About a year ago, the group opened its first Kentucky clinic in Bardwell. Agency general counsel Winston Collier says that clinic opened after the Delta Commission determined Carlisle County was medically underserved. Health care regulators must approve the proposed partnership.