Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Mon January 28, 2013
Uninsured Care May Expand in Paducah
Officials with the Saint Nicholas Family Free Clinic in Paducah are hoping to expand the scope of care they offer.
The clinic now treats only people with no insurance coverage. However, KentuckyCare is working with Saint Nicholas to expand operating hour and give it the ability to provide care for minimally insured patients. The Arkansas-based KentuckyCare operates 26 clinics under the name ArCare. About a year ago, the group opened its first Kentucky clinic in Bardwell. Agency general counsel Winston Collier says that clinic opened after the Delta Commission determined Carlisle County was medically underserved. Health care regulators must approve the proposed partnership.