Most Active Stories
- Winter Storm: KYEM Upgrades Emergency Activation Level, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Thu October 25, 2012
Unemployment Rates Drop Throughout Ky.
The latest Kentucky job numbers show Fulton County still has highest unemployment rate in the Commonwealth at just over 16.5 percent. Still, the state Office of Employment and Training reports most counties improved in September, with jobless rates increasing in only 12. Woodford County had the lowest at 5.3 percent. Union County posted the lowest numbers in western Kentucky at almost 6 percent. Calloway was next, just under half a point higher.