Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Tue May 29, 2007
Uncommon Mystery - Desert Heat
By Michael Cohen
Murray, KY – Author J.A. Jance creates what Publisher's Weekly calls "a taut and poignant mystery" with her novel, "Desert Heat." Protagonist, Joanna Brady, finds her husband shot in the Arizona desert on the night of their tenth wedding anniversary. But this, and her husband's suspicious death in the hospital, is only the beginning. Hear what mystery novel expert Michael Cohen thinks about this southwest thriller.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear Cohen's commentary. Michael Cohen is Professor Emeritus at Murray State University. He is the author of "Murder Most Fair: The Appeal of Mystery Fiction," published by Fairleigh Dickinson University Press.
Read the text for this commentary here.