Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon December 3, 2012
UK Names Stoops New Football Coach
The University of Kentucky football program has a new man in charge. Mark Stoops was officially introduced to a crowd of media and well wishers on Sunday. Stoops, one of the top defensive coordinators in the country, departs Florida State University, where his first order of business will be rebuilding a football program at UK that went 0 and 8 in the Southeastern Conference this past season.
“We will embrace all of the past great players and past teams, but we’re worried about going forward, and we’re going to do that by, again it’s a process," Stoops says. "We’re not too worried about the results right now, we’re worried about the process and that’s getting my message to the players tomorrow morning and then from there getting out and putting together a quality staff and moving forward.”
Stoops receives a five year contract worth $11 million. His duties at UK begin immediately so he will not coach the Florida State defense in its upcoming bowl game.