Most Active Stories
- State Trooper's Resignation Leads to Investigation
- WKMS Presents "Living on the Line: Poverty in Western Kentucky" A Documentary
- Lawsuit Filed Against Chuck Jones Alleges Counterfeiting Textbooks
- Professional Basketball Player, Ministry Founder Bob Warren Remembered as Generous Man
- How Murray State is Introducing Kids to Emerging World of Robotics
Mon July 8, 2013
Udderly Kentucky Milk Available in Walmart Stores
A new brand of milk called Udderly Kentucky is now available in 32 Walmart stores in central and south-central Kentucky.
The milk is produced, pasteurized and bottled in Kentucky and is being offered in whole, 2 percent, 1 percent and skim varieties in gallon sizes.
Agriculture Commissioner James Comer unveiled the new brand on Monday. It's being processed by Prairie Farms Dairy in Somerset, which collects milk from 105 dairy farmers in the region. Comer said 7 cents from every gallon sold will be returned to participating Kentucky dairy farmers.
The initial launch of the new brand was two weeks ago in Walmart stores from Barbourville to Bardstown. The program is intended to help Kentucky dairy farmers whose numbers have declined by nearly half since 2000.
2013 KY General Assembly