Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Mon June 24, 2013
TWRA Steps Up BUI Enforcement On State Waterways
The enforcement effort is called Operation Dry Water. The title has a lot more to do with the boaters than the lakes. Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency officers will saturate reservoirs across the state this weekend, looking particularly for operators boating under the influence. The fifth annual Dry Water event is aimed at reducing accidents during the next weekend, which is just after the Fourth of July.
TWRA will also be checking for use of life jackets and other safety practices. In 2012, 135 TWRA officers participated in the Operation Dry Water weekend, logging more than 1,700 hours. Officers checked nearly 2,400 vessels, wrote 180 citations, another 148 warnings and made 19 boating under the influence arrests.