Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon June 24, 2013
TWRA Steps Up BUI Enforcement On State Waterways
The enforcement effort is called Operation Dry Water. The title has a lot more to do with the boaters than the lakes. Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency officers will saturate reservoirs across the state this weekend, looking particularly for operators boating under the influence. The fifth annual Dry Water event is aimed at reducing accidents during the next weekend, which is just after the Fourth of July.
TWRA will also be checking for use of life jackets and other safety practices. In 2012, 135 TWRA officers participated in the Operation Dry Water weekend, logging more than 1,700 hours. Officers checked nearly 2,400 vessels, wrote 180 citations, another 148 warnings and made 19 boating under the influence arrests.