Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu October 18, 2012
Two Indicted for 1999 Murder
A Greenville woman whose 4-year-old daughter died in a fire 13 years ago and a family friend have been charged with murder in the girl’s death. Kentucky State Police officials say an Ohio County grand jury indicted Virginia Whitfield of Greenville and Tony Lear Tuesday after finding new evidence. They were also charged with two counts of first-degree assault and one count of first-degree arson. Police say the child died in October 1999 from injuries she suffered in a fire a month earlier in Beaver Dam. Two other children escaped but did suffer smoke inhalation. Police are still investigating and say more arrests are likely.