Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu October 18, 2012
Two Indicted for 1999 Murder
A Greenville woman whose 4-year-old daughter died in a fire 13 years ago and a family friend have been charged with murder in the girl’s death. Kentucky State Police officials say an Ohio County grand jury indicted Virginia Whitfield of Greenville and Tony Lear Tuesday after finding new evidence. They were also charged with two counts of first-degree assault and one count of first-degree arson. Police say the child died in October 1999 from injuries she suffered in a fire a month earlier in Beaver Dam. Two other children escaped but did suffer smoke inhalation. Police are still investigating and say more arrests are likely.