Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed October 30, 2013
Two Hopkins County Attorneys Announce Candidacy For District Judge
Two Hopkins County attorneys have announced their bid for the seat of a district court judge who's set to retire in 2015.
Shaun McEntire, an assistant prosecutor with the Hopkins County Attorney’s office, filed a formal letter with the Kentucky Registry of Election Finance to seek the Division 1 judgeship held by Judge Logan Calvert, who is retiring at the end of his term in January, 2015. McEntire has worked with the County Attorney’s office since 2007 and has served as director of the county’s Child Support Unit.
Earlier this month, long-time Madisonville attorney Randall Hardesty announced he also plans to run for the Division 1 seat. Hardesty has practiced law in the Madisonville area for over 30 years.
Candidates have until January 28th, 2014 to file for office.