Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu December 3, 2009
Two Confess to Schoolhouse Vandalism
By Caleb Campbell
Murray, KY – Two female juveniles have confessed to the November 22nd Waters Schoolhouse vandalism in Murray. Detective Kendra Smith spoke with the two females and their parents yesterday. The Waters Schoolhouse is one of the last remaining one-room school buildings in Calloway County. Park officials found the room with handwriting covering the walls and broken windows. There were also pages ripped from an irreplaceable book that documented Calloway County's Native American school children from the 1800-1900's. At this time Detective Smith is working with the Parks Department in regards to the incident.