Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu December 3, 2009
Two Confess to Schoolhouse Vandalism
By Caleb Campbell
Murray, KY – Two female juveniles have confessed to the November 22nd Waters Schoolhouse vandalism in Murray. Detective Kendra Smith spoke with the two females and their parents yesterday. The Waters Schoolhouse is one of the last remaining one-room school buildings in Calloway County. Park officials found the room with handwriting covering the walls and broken windows. There were also pages ripped from an irreplaceable book that documented Calloway County's Native American school children from the 1800-1900's. At this time Detective Smith is working with the Parks Department in regards to the incident.