Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Thu December 3, 2009
Two Confess to Schoolhouse Vandalism
By Caleb Campbell
Murray, KY – Two female juveniles have confessed to the November 22nd Waters Schoolhouse vandalism in Murray. Detective Kendra Smith spoke with the two females and their parents yesterday. The Waters Schoolhouse is one of the last remaining one-room school buildings in Calloway County. Park officials found the room with handwriting covering the walls and broken windows. There were also pages ripped from an irreplaceable book that documented Calloway County's Native American school children from the 1800-1900's. At this time Detective Smith is working with the Parks Department in regards to the incident.