Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon July 6, 2009
Two-City Super Quilt Show Comes to Metropolis/Paducah in September
By Chris Taylor
Metropolis, IL – TThe Super City-Quilt City Connection will hold a quilt show September 12th and 13th at Harrah's Casino in Metropolis in conjunction with special programs and displays at the National Quilt Museum in Paducah.
Harrah's Convention Center will host vendors, exhibits, and other arts and crafts, including other areas such as food and cooking. There will also be a hands-on demonstration for all ages will let you make your own super-hero cape.
Meanwhile, Paducah's National Quilt Museum will host a full slate of activities for quilters as well as three galleries and more than 150 quilting artworks on display in tandem with the Metropolis show. A quilt guild show is being shown Saturday at the Broadway Church of Christ from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm.
National Quilt Museum public affairs director Jessica Byassee says organizers expect the two-town show to draw quilters from throughout the region and surrounding states.