Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Mon July 6, 2009
Two-City Super Quilt Show Comes to Metropolis/Paducah in September
By Chris Taylor
Metropolis, IL – TThe Super City-Quilt City Connection will hold a quilt show September 12th and 13th at Harrah's Casino in Metropolis in conjunction with special programs and displays at the National Quilt Museum in Paducah.
Harrah's Convention Center will host vendors, exhibits, and other arts and crafts, including other areas such as food and cooking. There will also be a hands-on demonstration for all ages will let you make your own super-hero cape.
Meanwhile, Paducah's National Quilt Museum will host a full slate of activities for quilters as well as three galleries and more than 150 quilting artworks on display in tandem with the Metropolis show. A quilt guild show is being shown Saturday at the Broadway Church of Christ from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm.
National Quilt Museum public affairs director Jessica Byassee says organizers expect the two-town show to draw quilters from throughout the region and surrounding states.