Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon March 24, 2014
Two Christian County High School Students Killed in Wreck
Funeral arrangements are being set for two Christian County High School students killed Friday when their truck collided with a parked tractor-trailer on the shoulder of the Martha Layne Collins Bluegrass Parkway.
Dequavius Weaver died at the scene of the accident, while Jacob Blankenship died after being airlifted to the University of Kentucky Hospital. Two other CCHS students suffered injuries in the wreck.
The four students were traveling home from the state Sweet Sixteen basketball tournament.
CCHS principal Michael Stevenson broke the news to staff in an email Saturday.
"It is never easy to put into words an expression of grief and sorrow for the loss of our loved ones," Stevenson said. "During this difficult time, I ask that we show our support for one another. A support team of counselors, social workers, and psychologists from Christian County Schools are making plans to work with our staff and students in efforts to provide counseling and support in the days and weeks ahead."
Services for Blankenship will be held Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. at Lamb Funeral Home, with a visitation from 4-8 p.m. Tuesday. Arrangements are not yet finalized for Weaver.