Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Fri August 21, 2009
TVA Hikes Rate 8%, Cuts Fuel Charge
Knoxville, TN – The Tennessee Valley Authority board has voted to raise the basic power rate eight percent effective October 1st. The increase in the basic rate will add $5.52 monthly to the average household's bill. Officials, however, expect to cut the fuel adjustment charge for October, resulting in a savings of nearly $2 for the average residential bill - a reduction from $66.61 to $64.77.