Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Fri August 21, 2009
TVA Hikes Rate 8%, Cuts Fuel Charge
Knoxville, TN – The Tennessee Valley Authority board has voted to raise the basic power rate eight percent effective October 1st. The increase in the basic rate will add $5.52 monthly to the average household's bill. Officials, however, expect to cut the fuel adjustment charge for October, resulting in a savings of nearly $2 for the average residential bill - a reduction from $66.61 to $64.77.