Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed January 16, 2013
TVA Hacking Program in 80's Results in Robust Eagle Populations in West Ky
Dr. Steve White joined Murray State University in 1981 about the same time as the local TVA hacking program was underway. Captive-born eaglets were released into the wild without human contact to repopulate the region whose habitat is preferred by eagles. Eagles stay where they learn to fly and today the resident population is stable and thriving. Dr. White gives the historical perspective.