Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Tue September 24, 2013
TVA Donates To Monument For Ephraim Bank
The Tennessee Valley Authority is donating five thousand dollars to help create a monument to a Muhlenberg County man who became a significant figure in the War of 1812. The proposed statue of Ephraim Bank will be commissioned by Greenville and located in the downtown near the county courthouse. Known as the "Kentucky Long Rifleman," Bank fought in the Kentucky militia at the Battle of New Orleans.
The monument will also honor the volunteers from Muhlenberg County who served in the militia, which later became the Kentucky National Guard.