Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Tue September 24, 2013
TVA Donates To Monument For Ephraim Bank
The Tennessee Valley Authority is donating five thousand dollars to help create a monument to a Muhlenberg County man who became a significant figure in the War of 1812. The proposed statue of Ephraim Bank will be commissioned by Greenville and located in the downtown near the county courthouse. Known as the "Kentucky Long Rifleman," Bank fought in the Kentucky militia at the Battle of New Orleans.
The monument will also honor the volunteers from Muhlenberg County who served in the militia, which later became the Kentucky National Guard.