Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Tue September 24, 2013
TVA Donates To Monument For Ephraim Bank
The Tennessee Valley Authority is donating five thousand dollars to help create a monument to a Muhlenberg County man who became a significant figure in the War of 1812. The proposed statue of Ephraim Bank will be commissioned by Greenville and located in the downtown near the county courthouse. Known as the "Kentucky Long Rifleman," Bank fought in the Kentucky militia at the Battle of New Orleans.
The monument will also honor the volunteers from Muhlenberg County who served in the militia, which later became the Kentucky National Guard.