Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon August 26, 2013
TVA Donates To Kentucky Coal Miner Memorial
The Tennessee Valley Authority is donating $5,000 for a coal miner memorial in Muhlenberg County. The project will be located at the County Courthouse and include the names of miners who lost their lives working in the area. TVA operates a coal burning power plant, Paradise Fossil Plant, on the Green River in the county.
It burns 20,000 tons of coal a day. Muhlenberg County Judge-Executive Rick Newman says the Paradise Plant keeps the mining industry going in the area. The memorial will have brass statues and a plaque with the names of the miners.