Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Mon August 26, 2013
TVA Donates To Kentucky Coal Miner Memorial
The Tennessee Valley Authority is donating $5,000 for a coal miner memorial in Muhlenberg County. The project will be located at the County Courthouse and include the names of miners who lost their lives working in the area. TVA operates a coal burning power plant, Paradise Fossil Plant, on the Green River in the county.
It burns 20,000 tons of coal a day. Muhlenberg County Judge-Executive Rick Newman says the Paradise Plant keeps the mining industry going in the area. The memorial will have brass statues and a plaque with the names of the miners.