Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Tue November 6, 2012
TVA Board Chooses New CEO
The Tennessee Valley Authority’s board has chosen a former energy chief from North Carolina to succeed retiring Tom Kilgore as the chief executive of the nation’s largest public utility.
Bill Johnson was CEO of Progress Energy but was replaced by the CEO of Duke Energy when the two companies merged in July. TVA Board Chairman Bill Sansom says he has total confidence in the board’s choice of leadership and says support for Johnson was unanimous. Johnson will take over the $11 billion federal agency in January, and says he wants to make how the company treats customers and employees a top priority.