Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue November 6, 2012
TVA Board Chooses New CEO
The Tennessee Valley Authority’s board has chosen a former energy chief from North Carolina to succeed retiring Tom Kilgore as the chief executive of the nation’s largest public utility.
Bill Johnson was CEO of Progress Energy but was replaced by the CEO of Duke Energy when the two companies merged in July. TVA Board Chairman Bill Sansom says he has total confidence in the board’s choice of leadership and says support for Johnson was unanimous. Johnson will take over the $11 billion federal agency in January, and says he wants to make how the company treats customers and employees a top priority.