Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Fri April 19, 2013
TVA Board Chair Says Utility a 'Good Model'
The chairman of the Tennessee Valley Authority has expressed confidence in the organization following a proposal in the 2014 Obama budget last week that suggested a possible sale of the public utility.
At a board meeting Thursday, Bill Sansom said the board welcomes a proposed strategic review of the agency and any suggestions for ways to better serve the people in its seven-state region.
Sansom says he believes TVA is a good model and the review will show that. But he also says some areas need improvement and suggested that making those improvements could help TVA in the upcoming review.
The board also approved creating an advisory council on energy resources.