Most Active Stories
- Snowfall Predictions Grow; Icing Expected in Southern Western Kentucky Overnight
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Preserving Our Voices 2013
Mon April 29, 2013
TVA Approves Renewable Energy Projects
The Tennessee Valley Authority has approved more than 250 small-scale renewable energy projects for 2013, the overwhelming majority relying on solar energy. TVA officials say the demand for renewable energy projects across the Tennessee Valley is strong - so strong that the agency has met its application goals for 2013.
TVA has been working with local power companies since January to approve applications for renewable energy systems as part of its Green Power Providers program. Officials say all but two of the 250 projects are solar installations. The agency has also met its application goals under the Solar Solutions Initiative pilot program, which promotes green jobs in the region.