Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Sun November 18, 2007
By Robert Valentine
Murray, KY – This year marks our 230th Thanksgiving since it was first issued in 1777 by the Continental Congress. As you gather around a large Turkey and give thanks for safety and happiness in the same manner George Washington once did, you might ask yourself, Whose idea was it to eat a turkey? Well, Commentator and Storyteller Robert Valentine has some morsels of information for you to chew on in an amusing Thanksgiving send-up entitled Turkey Day.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear his commentary.
Read the text for this commentary here.